This position will be responsible for and needs to be experienced in all data related activities like extraction, translation, load, reporting of statistics, errors, reprocessing or data in error.
Must be able to understand and analyze SAP PM and MM related data from legacy applications. Extensive knowledge of equipment based reporting, fields used, configuration of equipment categories, serial profiles, and screen fields and tabs based on these is required. Ability to propose alternative designs and processes to manage SAP data using custom tables and fields. Knowledge of Oracle, stored procedures, user exits is expected. Knowledge of data conversion tools like back office and testing tools like quality center is a plus.
The SAP techno functional resource is responsible for defining, driving and supporting the data management/governance process and the longer term strategic plans. Work across various teams and trading partners; to ensure high level of data quality and integrity in the SAP system and data synchronization with the Authoritative Data Source.
Work across various functional areas of SAP to have a deep understanding of the existing functionality and business process of the Army. A key requirement of this role is having the ability to think strategically across both SAP and non-SAP landscapes and support the interfaces through which data is received and sent in the SAP environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or related fields is required
Must possess excellent knowledge of key SAP Master Data objects such as Material, Equipment, BOM's, Customers, Vendors and Personnel Master Data.
• Experience with more than 5 SAP end to end implementations as a data lead with responsibilities of Data Conversion, design of Data Architecture and Master Data sustainment.
• Experience with data cleansing and defining business rules for setting up data quality criteria's to build tools that will be used for maintaining data quality and integrity of the SAP system.
• Must have excellent documentation skill's to define the functional requirements through functional specs or CR's (change requirements).
• Must have good working knowledge of the SAP PI system and IDOC's processing. Must have 5+ years of experience working with interfaces (monitoring) between SAP and Non SAP systems.
• Experience working with tools within SAP but not limited to LSMW, eCATT SQVI, MM17, Query builder etc.
• Experience with cross functional domains within SAP such as MM, PP, IM, WM, PM, FI-CO, BI/BW, IPPE and DFPS.
• Must have excellent knowledge of the SAP Master Data Lifecycle process (From Initiation to creation and use of Master Data).
• Experience with Army material master cataloguing process is desired but not mandatory.
• Must have at least 4 – 5 years of SAP PM Data conversion experience.
• SAP PM Configuration experience plus.
• Knowledge of data conversion tools.
• Knowledge of Oracle databases.
• Migrate data to/from data staging tables in Oracle.
• Experience with ETL process and concepts Expected Functions to be performed.
• Conduct analysis, design, and development activities related to the creation and maintenance of conversion programs.
• Develop and maintain functional and technical documentation/specifications.
• Build and maintain mapping tables.
• Able to work with DBAs intelligently for data volume and performance management.
• Adhere to organizational Systems Change Control policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain utility programs/scripts to automate legacy data conversion.
• Participate in testing efforts: test planning, processing/tracing messages, researching errors and conducting root cause analysis to identify corrective actions.
• Participate in defining, developing and documenting internal procedures.
• Participate in Downtime Planning, and Go-Live Planning activities.
• Run conversion programs, Ensure that all data is migrated accurately.
• Perform data verification and provide data reconciliation reports.
• Monitor and reconcile conversion error logs; conduct root cause analysis and edit/modify/correct messages through the use of utility tools.
• Resolve error / exceptions arising from use of ETL tools.
• Understand project deliverables, key milestones and plan work schedule to meet project deadlines.
• Active Secret clearance.
Duty Location: Huntsville, AL with occasional travel to other sites