LMI currently has an opportunity for an Data Analyst in the Reston/Herndon area.
We have an immediate opening for a Data Analyst to join a proactive and impactful government/contractor team. The analyst will create various products for senior customer leadership. The analyst will identify what metrics are most important, establish where the relevant data can be found, and recommend how best to present it in finished products. The analyst will provide analytical judgments and trend analysis based on research and comparisons with past products. The analyst will obtain information and data (structured and unstructured) from multiple sources, synthesize it and present the results effectively and concisely in written and graphic form. The analyst must have experience with the broader customer organization. Knowledge of field and technical operations related to the specific customer group is a plus. The analyst must be able to research, analyze, prioritize, synthesize information, and work on several tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision. Strong interpersonal skills are also required in order to brief the status of projects, and communicate effectively within the team and across the customer space.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in the customer's organization and a familiarity with
- Issues involved in field operations, intelligence tasking, collection, processing, analysis, and dissemination
- Expertise in one or more of the following disciplines: business analytics, performance metrics, statistics, data verification and validation, data visualization, intelligence analysis
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and devise logical rules for reconciling conflicts
- Ability to apply quantitative data analysis methods to situational analysis and business analytic problems
- Expertise in using Microsoft Excel for quantitative analysis
- Skill in creating and delivering briefings using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Formal analytical writing and research experience
- Expertise in writing and using Microsoft Excel macros
- Expertise in using data analysis and visualization software such as Cognos, Tableau, MySql, Hadoop, and RStudio
- Ability to incorporate graphic elements in appropriate formats, implement and edit charts from Microsoft Office (Excel), and determine and export final file formats to suit presentation needs
- PowerPoint stylistic editing and formatting , with a critical design eye
- Understanding of file formats such as JPG, PNG, and PDF
TS/SCI with polygraph