This position is on the consulting staff of a government consulting organization headquartered in Tysons, VA. Work will be performed at Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 12, Iwakuni, Japan, with travel and support to the 1st Marine Air Wing (MAW) and Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 36, Okinawa, Japan and Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 24, Marine Corps Base Hawaii. Position will provide subject matter expertise in USMC aviation supply chain issues and apply qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyze and measure logistics effectiveness and efficiency, identify systemic barriers and problems affecting readiness and provide recommendations to eliminate or mitigate obstacles while improving effectiveness and readiness.
• Provide Aviation Consumable allowancing assistance to all 1st MAW Marine Aviation Logistics Squadrons (MALS).
• Provide Aviation Repairable allowancing assistance to all 1st MAW MALS.
• Provide Aviation deployment allowancing assistance to all 1st MAW MALS.
• Provide training and Support to the Wing Allowancing Section (WAS) at 1st MAW in all aspect of Regional Consolidated Stock Control functions.
• Identify demand patterns and conduct further data analysis for the purpose of making allowance product recommendations in accordance with the rules of MALSP modernization and the WSPD laydown.
• Provide Customer Oriented Leveling Technique and Proactive Demand Leveling to all 1st MAW MALS.
• Provide Aviation Logistics Support Services in the following categories as required by Headquarters Marine Corps ASL:
o Analysis and Problem Solving
o Database Administration
o Financial Management
o Logistics Support
o On-Site Assistance and Training
o Formal Training
o System Administration
• A curent ACTIVE DoD SECRET security clearance is required.
• 20 years of USMC aviation logistics experience.
• Broad range of USMC aviation logistics expertise and working knowledge of specific facets of USMC logistics including:
o Marine Corps Weapons System Planning Document (WSPD) with regards to “Type Model Series (TMS) supported, number of aircraft, days sustainment etc.”
o Marine Corps Warfighting Publication MCTP 3-20A Aviation Logistics.
o Program Planning Document for the Marine Aviation Logistics Support Program (MALSP).
o Naval Tactical Command Support System (NTCSS) and subsequent subsystems (i.e. RSUPPLY and Optimized NALCOMIS).
o USMC Aviation Supply Desktop Procedures MCO_4400.177G.
o USMC Aviation Supply Department policy and procedures for both the tactical and command level.
o USMC Aviation allowancing.
o Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Access and Visual Basic