This position is on the consulting staff of a government consulting organization headquartered in Tysons, VA. Work will be performed at Tinker AFB. The Logistics Analyst will analyze logistics processes and information systems, identify opportunities for improvement, and help develop policies and procedures. This person will lead analysis tasks, serve as a team member, and independently perform analysis taskings. The Logistics Analyst will also be required to perform business development—identifying and pursuing opportunities for performing advanced logistics analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, operations management, operations research, applied mathematics, supply chain management, or other related quantitative discipline required. Master's degree preferred.
• 10 years or more of logistics or supply chain experience in the Air Force environment
• Experience applying industrial engineering/operations management/operations research to logistics and supply chain operations
• Experience with Air Force wholesale logistics systems and operations desired
• Familiarity with Air Force logistics systems and processes
• Familiarity with multi-echelon, multi-indenture military inventory systems.
• Familiarity with optimization and simulation techniques
• Familiarity with commercial supply chain systems desired
• Ability to lead and organize projects and teams
• Ability to work independently on analysis taskings
• Ability to market advanced logistics analysis capabilities to senior leaders
• Required computer skills include expertise with Microsoft tools such as Excel and Access
• Desired computer skills include experience with statistical packages and programming languages
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.