Position is on the staff of a private, nonprofit government consulting firm located in McLean, VA. Work is sponsored by Federal Government departments and agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services.
The successful applicant will become part of a team that supports Health and Human Services (HHS), and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) within HHS. Support could include data analysis, supporting a Tier II policy help desk, policy research, analytical writing, and/or process improvement. Position may require assisting with writing updates to client documents such as public instructions and standard operating procedures, researching guidance and regulations, drafting answers to policy help desk questions, documenting decisions, analyzing data using spreadsheets or other analytical tools, presenting complex data in easy to understand presentations, and working in a team. The successful applicant should have an understanding of changes in healthcare policy at the federal and state levels, which will aid LMI in implementing programs from the Affordable Care Act (such as healthcare exchanges and alternative payment models). The successful applicant should be comfortable working with information systems, validation and verification of data by comparing and analyzing data from various sources, and reporting findings in a meaningful way. This position will NOT be involved in drafting or influencing policy decisions made by the government.
· Bachelor’s degree in health policy, health systems management, public policy, public administration, business management (with an analytical focus) or related discipline.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Superior communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to advocate for technical platforms to augment analytical processes and deliverables, including input into IT business requirements.
· Ability to absorb large amounts of new technical and policy knowledge without a lot of guidance.
DESIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
· Master’s degree in health policy, health systems management, public policy, public administration, business management (with an analytical focus) or related discipline.
· Concentration in health policy or healthcare management.
· Expert knowledge of Excel, Access, Tableau, and/or SAS.
· Understanding of federal healthcare programs.
· 1-3 years of experience in data analysis and reporting.
· Co-op or internship positions will be considered.