This position on the consulting staff of a government-consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA. Work location is on-site in Huntsville, AL. Under the guidance of the assigned government lead, be able to accomplish day-to-day task management from higher headquarters and key stakeholders. GCSS-Army INC2 (Aviation Logistics) has a current and enduring requirement for a Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Engineering Technical Advisor (SETA) to support Enterprise Architecture and Business Development efforts with the Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program (AESIP).
The incumbent must have Senior System and Application Architect as well as Software Development experience in Java, middleware, web applications, and data management. Must be comfortable interacting with key leadership, be articulate, and be proactive. Must be able to work in a highly charged and fast-paced environment to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with minimal guidance, seeking guidance and clarification as required. Interacts with staff at all levels and across organizational teams and subordinate programs. Must be an accomplished leader of people, development teams and project teams, experienced in client relationship management (CRM) at all levels of the enterprise. Provides guidance and oversight on the development/maintenance/sustainment support of business applications, enterprise data and warehousing strategy, web services strategy, integration and transformation of legacy logistics systems, and the Army’s ERP Strategy.
• Preferable 15+ years of experience in Information Technology architecture, team management, and technology consulting both in the US Department of Defense as well as in the commercial sector.
• Experience with data center management, integration, migration and consolidation.
• Knowledge, experience and history on ERP Systems.
• Professional & Technology Services Delivery.
• Design, plan, execute migration, decommission of application instances, servers.
• Experience with Migration Process Flows from discovering of data center current state through design of future state.
• Data center, application migration strategies for High Performance Web Applications
• Large-scale storage engineering
• Virtualization: networking layer, storage and data layer Architecture Design and Specification
• Hands-on experience leading and managing projects in all life cycle phases a must, with an emphasis on quality control.
• Must be a strong proponent of streamlined practices that rely on a keen understanding of requirements, innovative designs, visual model-driven processes as well as the application of modern tools and techniques.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose a variety of general business correspondence, management reports, technical presentations, training material, proposals and position papers.
• Must have experience leading project teams.
• Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) & Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) Experience.
• Secret clearance required.
Bachelor’s Degree in systems engineering, information systems, or related field preferred.
Experience with Army Acquisition Lifecycle Development.