LMI is a not-for-profit government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
LMI’s Defense Market has the need for a cleared, dynamic Business Development professional. The ideal candidate will have proven strategy, business development, capture, and proposal experience, established customer and industry partner relationships, and outstanding leadership, budget management and communication skills. The candidate will coordinate and manage all Air Force business development activities across LMI focused on meeting or surpassing our business development metrics (e.g., qualified pipeline, submits, wins). This includes opportunity identification and qualification based on alignment to current capabilities and past performance. The role also include development of growth strategy and implementation, and support to related capture and marketing activities (e.g., win strategy, teaming, white paper development, trade shows) that focus on growing the organization. If you are a highly-motivated, outstanding leader who can positively influence coalitions to successfully execute business goals, and have proven track record of growing business with Air Force customers, we want you to join our Defense Market Business Development team!
- Sales, pipeline and proposal experience
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple business development activities across multiple customers, multiple capabilities and multiple locations of >$10M-$100M+
- Ability to engage, motivate and collaborate within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary environment
- Extensive government-focused business development experience with excellent win rates
- Excellent capture and proposal development expertise with color reviews, developing win themes, discriminators, value propositions and embedding this in the finished proposal product
- In-depth knowledge of government contracting, acquisition trends and customer mission requirements and buying behaviors
- Programmatic background with experience dealing with multiple contract types
- Demonstrate impeccable leadership skills, outstanding business ethics, management rigor, in-depth customer knowledge, superior understanding of industry trends and competitive intelligence, and expert pricing strategies.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication and presentation skills to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues, industry partners and other stakeholders
- Highly motivated to win new business and grow organization
- U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret Clearance 8+ years of management experience as business development and/or capture manager with demonstrable wins in areas related to Logistics, Management Advisory Services, Advanced Analytics and/or Digital Services and other related services.
- Demonstrated impeccable leadership skills, outstanding business ethics, sales rigor, in-depth Air Force customer knowledge, superior understanding of industry trends and competitive intelligence
- Proven full life cycle business development experience developing $200M qualified pipelines aligned with corporate strategy
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Secret clearance
- A Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- - Program management experience and/or certifications and experience running programs of various sizes
- USAF Veteran