LMI has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Administrator to support an Intelligence Community (IC) customer in the Northern, VA area.
-This position is principally a hands-on position that requires near state-of-the-art experience in Windows and Linux systems administration.
-The candidate must possess the knowledge and skills to design, manage, and maintain a multi-level processing and storage system designed to hold unique, highly classified data.
-The candidate must have knowledge of data center standards and regulations as well as a solid understanding of network planning methodologies, Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) models and knowledge of routing, ports, protocols, and transmission of data.
-The candidate will be required to provide our customer with sound technical advice on the design and use of all network, storage, and processing hardware and software and any applications required by end users.
-In addition, the candidate must be well versed in customer Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and procedures and be capable of integrating with a small three-person team of system administrators who support a select group of end users who perform work vital to the customer mission.
· Current/active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline
. Relevant years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
· Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining multi-level processing and storage systems
· Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
· Experience with virtualization technologies – XenServer, XenDesktop, Hyper-V, VMWare
· Experience with SAN management
· Experience with Cisco networking equipment
· Experience with system backups using Microsoft SCDPM and/or other enterprise backup software
· Ability and willingness to create and/or maintain SOPs, security documentation, and related reference material
· Experience creating system diagrams, network diagrams, and flowcharts using Visio or related tools
· Experience implementing sound security practices and developing System Security Plans (SSPs) as required by the customer
· Experience with the following technologies: Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 7/10, SCCM, SCOM, SQL, CentOS
· Experience with Web Applications hosting (web sites, services, certificates) on Windows and Linux
· Experience with McAfee ePO
· Experience with IBM Domino server
· Experience with commercial security scanning applications and risk mitigation strategies