LMI is currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer within LMI’s Advanced Analytics service line to design and implement business critical data management & engineering solutions. The position will support the development of an electronic procurement system that is capable of processing contract requirements electronically from inception to closeout. This is a modernization effort that replaces legacy systems and other ancillary procurement systems and portals.
The Senior Data Engineer creates a robust, sustainable, and flexible architecture by performing data assessment, profiling, and cleansing and leads technical delivery using program-specific frameworks. Must have experience in leading and mentoring a small team of data engineers, and take complete responsibility in the overall data management activities.
The ideal candidate will have direct, applied experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Develop data transformation and data management strategies
- Develop data structures and systems to support the generation of business insights
- Extensive knowledge and experience in overall ETL processes
- Define, design, and develop data requirements, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries, and logical and physical models
- Develop methods, policies, and procedures to capture and maintain metadata
- Develop standards for data profiling and to improve data quality
- Create procedures for data archival, retention, and de-archival based on policies
-Design risk management and communications strategies around data transformation
-Understand and implement compliance and audit requirements for data storage, architecture, cybersecurity, etc.