LMI is a government consulting firm dedicated to advancing the management of government. We operate free of political and commercial bias, and we gauge our success by the mission outcomes we enable our government clients to achieve. Our clients value our objectivity, deep government IQ, and expertise in logistics, analytics, information technology, and management consulting. We seek talented, hardworking people who share our passion for public service and want to join us in solving the most pressing challenges in government management
LMI is looking for a Healthcare Compliance Specialist (Fraud, Waste, Abuse), who applies expertise in problem-solving to developing solutions to operational, strategic, and data challenges for federal public health agencies. Work will be primarily conducted at LMI headquarters in McLean, VA, with occassional travel to client site (Baltimore, MD).
· Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business Analytics disciplines, or related area
· Accredited Healthcare Fraud Investigator (AHFI) preferred
· Knowledge of the Medicare and Medicaid programs
· Minimum 2 yrs. in healthcare FWA and/or consulting
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of any of the following areas: policy analysis, program evaluation, program integrity, informatics, strategic planning and process improvement
Desired Skills and Background
· Experience working in Payment Integrity / FWA detection and prevention space
· Healthcare claims adjudication experience
· Other certifications: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Fraud Specialist (CFS), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
· Prior experience in a law enforcement environment, such as OIG, FBI, etc.
· Experience payer special investigation unit