LMI is seeking a Logistics Planner/Operational Contract Support (OCS) Analyst for a position supporting the Joint Staff (J4), OCS Division in the Pentagon. This is a rare opportunity to join a strong, highly valued team with low attrition and set the conditions for DoD to plan and manage commercial support to military operations.
LMI is a private government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
Overview. The candidate will work on a team of subject matter experts to integrate OCS, a joint capability area, into existing training, education, doctrine, policy, processes, systems, operational planning. OCS, as described in Joint Publication 4-10, Operational Contract Support, is process of planning for and obtaining supplies, services, and construction from commercial sources in support of combatant commander-directed operations. It is the government’s capability to manage commercial support to military operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas, listed in priority order:
Responsibilities may include:
The primary duties of this position are to integrate commercial support considerations into joint operational planning and assessments. This includes reviewing and assessing plans and orders to ensure adequate planning for contracted support. This may include supporting other team members who assess aggregated operational and strategic implications of commercial support to operations. Other duties will include supporting training and other joint force development activities advancing the operational relevance and reality of commercial support to operations. To be effective, the candidate should have recent and strong operational or logistics planning experience that lends itself to the following tasks:
A 6-9 month objective of this position, after appropriate indoctrination and training, is to become an additional instructor on our mobile training team delivering the Joint OCS Planning and Execution Course (JOPEC), which teaches application of OCS in planning and operations. JOPEC is taught worldwide to students ranging from senior non-commissioned officers to senior officers.
Candidates who have graduated from the School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS), School of Advanced Warfighting (SAW), Joint Advanced Warfighting (JAWS), Maritime Advance Warfighting School (MAWS), or School of Advanced Air and Space Studies (SAASS) are highly desired.
- Current Secret Clearance and no circumstances precluding a Final Top Secret Clearance
- Master's degree and 4 years related experience in joint planning, contingency contracting, or OCS as defined in Joint Publication 4-10, Operational Contract Support, OR a Bachelor's degree and 8 years related experience in joint planning, logistics, contingency contracting, or OCS.
- Graduate of Phase I JPME.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior staff, as well as tactical and operational officers.
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence, justify, negotiate, or resolve matters using argument and expertise rather than formal authority.
- Expert proficiency in oral and written communications. The candidate must be skilled at writing concisely, expressing thoughts clearly, and developing ideas in logical sequence.
- Graduate of Phase 2 JPME.
- Final Top Secret clearance
- Recent experience planning and executing combined and joint operations at the theater/CCMD/JTF or component level, experience with the Joint Training System, joint interagency operations planning, logistics, security cooperation, or civil-military operations conducted at CCMD or Service component command level.
- Experience as a U.S. Army Logistics Support Plans and Operations (SPO) Officer, or other military Service equivalent (G/S/A/N/J4).
- Familiarity with key stakeholders and organizations in the OCS community of interest.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.