We are currently seeking an innovative, experienced, and highly-skilled Computer Scientist to join our growing Advanced Analytics team in Vicenza, Italy. In this role, you will create and develop custom solutions for our users in a collaborative, fast-paced, state-of-the art environment. To be successful in this role, you will be thorough, creative, and exceptionally well-skilled in all phases of the development lifecycle, with a passion for continued learning and collaboration.
*This position is located in Vicenza, Italy and requires an active TS/SCI clearance*
The Data Scientist will:
- Masters degree with 8+ years of experience OR PhD degree with 4 or more years related work experience required.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, R, Java, as applied to programming access and manipulation of data (other languages will be considered).
- Demonstrated experience working with one or more database structures (e.g. relational, noSQL, graph). Such expertise should include experience with database retrieval methods (e.g. SQL, database specific queries, APIs).
- Experience working with a range of data storage/access options (e.g. S3 buckets, FTP sites, APIs).
- Demonstrated experience enabling access to data by way of databases or dashboards.
- Experience cleaning, filtering, and transforming data, as well as enriching data, especially by way of database joins or table lookups.
- Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) activities, functions, and organizational structures.
- Knowledge and understanding of DoD/IC operations, data infrastructure and architecture.
- Familiarity with cloud services as applied in the DoD and IC.
- Knowledge with simplification and optimization of data automation workflows; streamlining of extract- transform-load (ETL) operations. Certification as an IT architect or enterprise architect from the Open Group, FEAC, or other industry
recognized IT architecture certification program preferred.
- Knowledge of IT related disciplines: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including a basic understanding of various SDLC methodologies such as agile and waterfall and their appropriate usage.
- Knowledge of modeling approaches: Unified Modeling Language (UML), Business Process Modeling, and Data Modeling.
- Deep understanding of data architecture approaches (e.g., TOGAF), industry standards and best practices (e.g., DMBOK).
- Strong technical skills with data technologies (e.g., Master Data Management, Enterprise Data Warehouses, Operational Data Stores, Database Management Systems, Business Intelligence).
- Practical experience with, and a strong understanding of design approaches for Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- Expert data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts).
- Must have an enterprise perspective to data and how the data drives business value.
- Experience with ETL concepts, Cognos and OBIEE tools.
- Experience with Master Data Management tools.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.